22-Jun-2017Now Hiring: Member Services Representative II
BARC Electric Cooperative (BARC) is a customer-focused, diversified rural electric cooperative. Look no further if you are a highly skilled in customer service and have a desire for excitement at a growing and forward-thinking cooperative.
The MSR deals with a diverse variety of situations, including setting up new customers, assisting existing customers with billing issues, handling payments, and collection of delinquent balances.
BARC expects the highest level of service and care when dealing with customers. Ability to de-escalate potential tense situations is critical. Our goal is to help every customer to believe BARC is the best service provider they have ever dealt with.
Cooperation and great teamwork with fellow workers is not only promoted, it is a requirement of the position.
The MSR II will be expected to:
• Proactively, and creatively, promote Service Excellence.
• Always be observant to situations within department, looking for ways to help others and customers so service excellence is promoted.
• Assist customers requesting new service and/or a disconnect. Significant attention to detail expected. Each customer must feel like they are getting special attention.
• Assist customers will all types of issues from billing complaints, credit issues, capital credit-related questions or anything else that relates to billing or membership. Expectation is that MSR provide factual answers in a timely manner consistent with all related policies, procedures and other governing regulations.
• Work to support Cooperative efforts to reduce collection losses.
• Support needs of other departments as needed. Job Requirements:
• Skills and personality will both be evaluated. Must be team player, capable of fulfilling own duties while also supportive of company team as well.
• Demonstrated history of showing ingenuity and creativity in ways to accomplish goals.
• Skilled in being able to de-escalate disagreements from others; customers, fellow employees, members of community, etc.
• High school education minimum; some college preferred
• Industry specific training preferred as well
• Prior customer service experience preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience evidencing ability to fulfill position responsibilities
• Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
• Willing to work as needed to accomplish responsibilities during emergencies and periods of high workload.
• Each MSR is responsible for making sure they are aware of, and comply with, relevant sections of Cooperative Bylaws, Policies, Procedures and SCC-approved Terms and Conditions.
• Expectations for quality of work is very high.
• Training ongoing post-employment.
BARC offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, retirement (pension and 401(k) contributions) health/dental insurance, life insurance, performance bonuses, and paid time off.
Qualified applicants: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Cindy Andrews, Human Resources Specialist at email@example.com or by hand-delivery to the office.