19-Jun-2017Now Hiring: Financial Accountant
BARC Electric Cooperative (BARC) is a customer-focused, diversified rural electric cooperative. Look no further if you are a highly skilled accountant with a desire for new and exciting projects and service excellence to members. The Financial Accountant plays a critical role in maintaining timeliness and reliability of financial reporting for BARC’s electric operations and its growing list of diversified services. These diversified activities currently include solar, generator and fiber (broadband) services.
A key focus of this position is on timely preparation of accurate financial reports and maintenance of underlying G/L and subsidiary records. Also includes implementation and maintenance of key internal controls. Position also serves as key support person for other departments needing assistance with financial accounting-related matters.
The Financial Accountant will be expected to:
• Maintain G/L and subsidiary records in a timely manner as necessary to meet routine and special reporting needs. Preparation of Form 7.
• Maintain internal controls as appropriate to protect integrity of financial records and cooperative assets.
• Timely completion of payroll and utility-related tax forms. Timely payment of all taxes.
• Manage payroll accruals; vacation, sick, unemployment rate, etc.
• Reconciliation of bank and other important accounts.
• Key contact for auditors in preparation of work papers and answering questions.
• Special invoicing; pole contacts, system damage billings, etc.
• Support of efforts to preserve financial records in compliance with guidelines.
• Special reports and projects as requested.
• Skills and personality will both be evaluated. Must be team player, capable of fulfilling own duties while also supportive of company team as well.
• Demonstrated history of showing ingenuity and creativity in ways to accomplish goals.
• BA in accounting preferred
• Industry specific training preferred as well
• Prior experience with rural electric cooperative accounting preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience showing capable of fulling role Additional Information:
• Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
• Willing to work as needed to accomplish responsibilities—expectations very high!
• Expectations for quality of work is also very high.
• Training on-going post-employment.
BARC offers a competitive compensation package including retirement (pension and 401(k) contributions, health/dental insurance, life insurance, performance bonuses, and paid time off). Qualified applicants: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Cindy Andrews, Human Resources Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.