08-Jun-2020Now Hiring: Customer Service Representative
BARC Electric Cooperative (BARC) is a customer-focused, diversified rural electric cooperative, engaged in electric service, Internet services, and solar programs. Look no further if you are a highly skilled in customer service and have a desire for excitement at a growing and forward-thinking cooperative.
The CSR deals with a diverse variety of situations, including answering questions, setting up new customers, assisting existing customers, handling payments, collecting delinquent balances, and working on special projects. BARC expects the highest level of service and care when dealing with customers.
Our goal is to help every customer believe BARC is the best service provider they have ever dealt with. Cooperation and great teamwork with fellow workers is not only promoted, it is a requirement of the position.
Primary Responsibilities: The CSR will be expected to:
• Proactively, and creatively, promote service excellence.
• Always be observant to situations within department, looking for ways to help others and customers so service excellence is promoted.
• Assist customers with “one-call resolution.” Significant attention to detail is expected. Each customer must feel like they are getting special attention.
• Assist customers will all types of issues from billing complaints, credit issues, capital credit-related questions or anything else that relates to billing or membership.
• Support needs of other departments as needed.
• Skills and personality will both be evaluated. Must be team player.
• Demonstrated history of showing ingenuity and creativity in ways to accomplish goals.
• Skilled in being able to de-escalate disagreements from others
• High school education (minimum requirement)
• Prior customer service experience preferred.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, word, excel, using formulas and graphs. Microsoft access and/or programming skills are a plus. Looking for someone who can learn new software quickly and help implement new software programs.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
• Willing to work as needed to accomplish responsibilities during emergencies and periods of high workload.
• Expectations for quality of work is very high.
BARC offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, retirement (pension and 401(k) contributions) health/dental insurance, life insurance, performance bonuses, and paid time off.
Qualified applicants: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Cindy Andrews, Human Resources Specialist at BARC Electric Cooperative at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.