30-Nov-2018November 2018 Fiber Construction Update
As the holiday season approaches, there is a lot of bustle happening in the Shenandoah Valley. Though the temperatures have been on a roller coaster ride and rain still falls in the valley, BARC’s fiber project is moving forward with increased activity in Rockbridge County. We are excited to announce that an additional fiber contractor, Wolf Line Construction, starts work today on the laterals served off the southern ring, from Effinger substation north to Conrock. This work is moving forward one month ahead of the last update we provided.
Below are our current projections through the first quarter of 2019 for all areas.
November – December (under construction):
• Laterals – Conrock to Effinger
• Laterals & drops – Fairfield to Cornwall
• Drops – Greenhouse Road area
• Drops & installs – Raphine to Wade’s Mill (delayed due to repairs on existing RANA infrastructure)
• Drops & installs – North of I-64 & west of I-81
• Drops & installs – Mount Vista
Starting in January:
• Laterals – Effinger to Route 60 West (includes Sugar Creek)
• Laterals & drops – Fairfield north (includes Willow Lake area)
• Drops & installs – Fairfield to Cornwall
• Drops & installs – Cornwall to Lexington
• Drops & installs – Conrock to Effinger
• Installs – Greenhouse Road area
Starting in February – March 2019:
• Laterals & drops – Backdraft Road
• Drops & installs – Downtown Lexington, Route 11 north, Route 60 east and west
• Drops & installs – Effinger to Route 60 West (includes Sugar Creek)
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, our crews, or anything else, please contact us at 800-846-2272 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always stay up to date on our progress by visiting BARC Connects News or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BARCElectricCooperative.
And finally, here is an updated construction map with notes for the various areas where construction is underway.